Saturday, March 22, 2014

Georgia Bloggers Macon Meetup!


Today was a very eventful and motivating day! My friend and I, Irma...aka Irmz, started it by going to a Georgia Bloggers meetup in Macon. I still don't consider myself a "blogger", seeing as how I lack a lot of the necessary knowledge to do all this techno savy schtuff with, BUT regardless of my blogger status we went and had a great time! I felt very blogger official when I got the email inviting me to go and was determined that I was going!
When I get in groups of accomplished and very talented people such as this one, I tend to have lots of inferior and intimidation feelings. They were definitely there today but not as bad as they usually are. This group was small and very down to earth! It was definitely worth our time! I am thankful for all of the wonderful ladies and "the man who met our needs" for organizing this and deeming me worthy to invite! You all encouraged me lots today and challenged me to make and meet some serious educational goals! 


http://smartkidsgammons.blogspot.com/2014/03/georgia-bloggers-meetup-too-much-fun.html
Click on this pic above to read about our day from the fabulous host herself, Jayne.

We made an artsy business plan in flower form. The explanation below is for me and my own accountability so bear with me here...
 The yellow center was to list your core values, the flower petals were...ways to implement your core values?!..., the stem was your financial motivation, and the leaves were ways to meet that monetary goal. Ironically, EVERYONE at my table filled in their stem first...I guess we are all driven by finances and thinking about core values on a Saturday just made our brains hurt!
Here's my plan in a nutshell...and I'm sure I'm butchering the original idea for this flower power business plan but this is what I gained from it.

1.  Center Core Values: As a teacher I want to be genuine, Christlike, better, and consistent
2.  Flower Petals: By being genuine and Christlike, I will gain confidence and balance my home vs. school life.   By being better and consistent, I will get more education such as taking some of the method courses I need, improve my techno saviness and start a TPT store.
3. Stem: I want to supplement some of my salary at home so that I can be a wonderful stay at home Mommy one day!
4. Leaves: I will start to supplement this income by making and posting some items that will be of use to me in my classroom such as a dino unit from a creationist perspective and math centers for upper el-ed.


Not the purtiest one there by far....but this girl didn't have a pencil!

It was held at the Georgia School Supply Store in Macon. I had NEVER been there but know I will be going back while on spring break! We didn't have much time to shop today so I only came out with LITERALLY 2 things...

WWII posters for the best chapter in our History curriculum and some dino stickers for next year!

I met a lot of truly talented people! The beautiful and top TPT seller in Georgia, Kim Adsit, and her daughter were loverly people to sit and chat with and very dynamic! Kathy Law was the one who made the biggest impression on me just because she seemed so passionate and sincere about helping other teachers be better teachers!
Jennifer, Carol, Kathy, Meghan, Kim, Irma, Megan



Jayne, Kelly, Angie, Stacy, Tara, Valerie
  Photobucket

 

The Teacher Wife


 Funky Fresh Firsties

 ...And They All Fall Down...

 Georgia Grown Kiddo's

Michelin, Jessica, Greg, Erin, Alison
 



  

 
 
I know this is probably my LONGEESSST post ever but it was totally worth the recap for me! Irma and I ended the evening stuck in some traffic, car sick, and then hanging out with some of our awesome friends from church for a Frozen movie night! 

I hope your day was as great as mine! 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming! Believe in yourself. I loved seeing your flower power plan. Your post is so genuine and thoughtful Now go get that Dino unit done! Looking forward to seeing you again, Jayne
    Smart Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for heading it up! I really enjoyed it and being around all of you Super Teacher Women!

      Delete
  2. It was so great to meet you! We all started somewhere and I still get nervous in the presence of Ms. Kim too! {She is a rock STAR!} ... I just hide it by being annoying and loud! :) haha! Can't wait to see you at the next one... we need to start planning! :)

    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to meet you also! You are an awesome blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good to meet you yesterday. You can achieve anything you set your mind to. Hats off to a future TPTer.
    Greg
    http://mrelementarymath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement Greg! You are totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete