Thursday, July 25, 2013

Crazy story Bro...

 So...I'm definitely "off my rocker" if that means not the norm. (I'm terrible at some of those idiomatic expressions!)  I've been staying up until 3-4-5 ish in the am and for the last 3 nights I've fallen asleep downstairs rather than going to bed with my hubby...which makes him a little crazy too and I feel terrible!
I worked in my class today from about 10-4 and don't feel very accomplished today either...though I did get to straighten things up a bit more. I got home around 5 this evening and upon laying on the sofa fell fast asleep! I've been having strange dreams full of decisions and me disappointing people...definitely not normal for me to even remember my dreams so I know I'm stressed right now!
I woke up around 6:45 and start yelling "Michael...get up! You're gonna be late!" I run upstairs to wake him up and he's not there...so that's the "Crazy story bro.." part....it was 6:45 pm not am. Yep, I'm off my rocker!

Today I worked on filing my tests and cleaning up my desk area...I didn't get a pic because it really wasn't a great accomplishment...I still have stuff everywhere! I worked on that STUBBORN. VISION-LESS. PLASTIC. circus tent. Yep, still determined so today I just started stapling and hot gluing it then lengthend the sides. I've gotta work on something else for the middle though because my "Read Under the Big Top" sign just isn't doing it for me. It looks pretty cheap and if I had the patience I would prob. add another stripe of white and red. but NOT GONNA HAPPEN. If I had the moolah I would just go buy lots and lots of fabric in the red and white stripes and make it work but Gotta move on...

I'm hoping once I GET my shelves that they will just make it look a whole lot better...

A shot from the very front of my room.

A shot from the side. When you walk in the door, this is on the right.

A shot from underneath.
 At this point....I'm just gonna work with what I've got. I do want to some kind of staggering with wording or hang something in the middle...I was thinking of using these stars...

 
or maybe this cute little guy...I love this sign..I got it at the paper source last year and hung it on my door. Any ideas on a phrase or saying...I was thinking about using brown paper to mute the brightness again and do something like "Big Top Stars...and write their names on all of the little stars!? But then on my door I was gonna use the same thing from last year "Come One Come All Step Right Up and Meet the Amazing 5th Grade Circus" and then put their names on tickets. I don't want to be overy namey...if that's even a concept. Any good quotes or sayings that will work for this?!




 Lastly, I'll share that the last two days I haven't had near as many visitors in my room at least while I'm there. I should be able to accomplish bunches but I haven't :/ I have the inkling that they're coming in to peep when I'm not there which doesn't bother me but comradery would be nicer:) I have decided that BIG GIRL PANTIES are a must this year...to keep me from getting overwhelmed and crying and getting my feelings hurt and overthinking things. Last year I just had it made..."comparison IS the thief of joy"...and this year I'll be in and out in a jiffy right?! That's what I want anyway....I took this job so that I could be closer to home and spend more time at home during the school year and so that I could redefine my love for cooking dinner for my other half. Someone reassure me...

I also had the I.T. guy come in (I have this cute lil' closet looking door that is actually the server room :/  )
he asked me if I was an interior designer...bahahaha!!!! Not hardly. I also had someone else say that my room looks like a kids playroom and not a classroom....
Ahhh...never judge a book by its cover.
It.is.a.classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment